Welcome to my Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtors guide to some of our most popular gay friendly neighborhoods in one of the most gay friendly cities in the USA – Fort Lauderdale!
Popular Gay Friendly
Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtors often get asked – what are the most popular gay friendly neighborhoods…and what are prices like?
Here is our pricing guide for both condos and homes in some of the most popular gay friendly neighborhoods here in Fort Lauderdale.
|North Andrews Gardens||$93,900||$199,900|
|Lauderdale by the Sea||$422,000||$599,000|
|Fort Lauderdale Beach||$495,000||$1,672,500|
|Sea Ranch Lakes||$381,913||$1,450,000|
|Source: MLS – Apr 2016|
The prices are based on median prices in each neighborhood.
View prices in our last report on Gay Friendly Neighborhoods
For many gay and LGBT buyers being part of a welcoming community / neighborhood is important!
Also important to note however – these neighborhoods can and do change dramatically even across a few short blocks…
My Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtors
Guide to Gay Friendly Neighborhoods
Here is my Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtors pricing guide and market analysis report for homes in five very popular neighborhoods – neighborhoods I as a Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtor and in with Gay and LGBT clients each and every week!
|East W/Manors||3 / 2||1,944||$624,000|
|3 / 2||1,774||$364,450|
|Oak/Park||3 / 2||1,774||$292,500|
|North Andrews*||3 / 1||1,350||$199,000|
|Lyons Park||3 / 2||1,797||$365,900|
We can see from this report that median home prices range from $199,000 in “Central” North Andrews Gardens to a high of $624,000 in sought after “East” Wilton Manors.
Important to note is that these median prices are based on 3 bedroom homes of varying sizes from 1350 sq ft to 1944 sq ft!
* Data for Central North Andrews Gardens.
March / April 2015
It is amazing to see the pricing changes in some of our most popular gay friendly neighborhoods – from almost a year ago!
Our report for our last post for March/April 2015 is presented below
|3 / 2||1,691||$516,500|
|3 / 2||1,509||$309,900|
|Oakland Park||3 / 2||1,418||$229,000|
|3 / 2||1,531||$349,950|
We can see that:
- East Wilton Manors is well up from $516,500 to $624,000 – reflecting a larger number of waterfront homes for sale – waterfront homes with ocean access via 2 fixed bridges.
- Wilton Manors / Oakland Park is also up over 17% or by over $54,000 from $309,900 to $364,450 – reflecting more and more gay and LGBT buyers purchasing in this neighborhood. Wilton Manors and Oakland Park are increasingly popular gay friendly neighborhood and homes here can offer a great value – especially in West Wilton Manors and East and Central Oakland Park
- Oakland Park is up by over 27% or by over $63,000 from $229,000 to $292,500 – reflecting a strong movement by Gay and LGBT buyers towards Oakland Park Homes – especially homes in Central and East Oakland Park – which are typically at least $100,000 less than similar homes in Wilton Manors!
Oakland Park is really moving forward in terms of becoming a great gay neighborhood – but like all cities some areas are much more popular with gay buyers than others!
Here are some of my thoughts on these popular gay friendly neighborhoods Fort Lauderdale
East Wilton Manors
East Wilton Manors is an increasingly upscale neighborhood with many waterfront homes and a few upscale condominiums including Wilton Station.
Here is the market analysis report showing median prices for ALL single family homes, waterfront homes and non-waterfront homes here in East Wilton Manors
|ALL||3 / 2||1,944||$624,000|
|W/Front||3 / 2||2,056||$669,000|
|NonW/F||3 / 2||1,742||$459,900|
We can see from this report that the median price for:
- All homes for sale here in East Wilton Manors is $624,000 – this being for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home of 1944 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $316.00 – In our last post the median was higher at $634,500 – this being for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home of 1688 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $318.00
- Waterfront homes for sale here in East Wilton Manors is $669,000 – this being for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home of 2056 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $345.00 – in our last post the median was the same – this being for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home of 1921 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $353.00
- Non-Waterfront homes for sale here in East Wilton Manors is $459,900 – this being for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home of 1742 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $277.00 – in our last post the median was over $20,000 lower at $439,000 – this being for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home of 1600 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $278.00
As a Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtor I still find that East Wilton Manors offers real value if you’re looking for waterfront homes with ocean access – especially when compared to neighborhoods like Coral Ridge.
This gay friendly neighborhood still has many homes – both waterfront and non-waterfront that are original and/or in need of updating.
Non waterfront homes often priced in the $300,000 price range once updated can sell in the $600,000 price range – waterfront homes for even more!
Wilton Manors and Oakland Park
With Wilton Drive as the heart of most things gay here in Fort Lauderdale – these “sister” cities are home to a huge gay population.
As a Realtor I find that for home buyers who aren’t waterfront focused that Central Wilton Manors and Central and East Oakland Park are very popular with gay buyers.
West Wilton Manors is also on the move – and prices here have been rising rapidly!
West Wilton Manors homes tend to have a larger foot print and many of them offer garages – which appeals to buyers.
I am noticing an increasing number of gay buyers purchasing and renovating homes in this great gay friendly neighborhood!
Oakland Park itself is really progressing – in fact many Fort Lauderdale Realtors both gay and straight are amazed at the growth and development this neighborhood is enjoying – especially Central and East Oakland Park.
Many Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtors will agree with me that this is one neighborhood you really need to explore.
There are many great homes for sale, there is strong and growing gay community and the City itself is progressive and inclusive of the gay and LGBT community and open and receptive to Gay / LGBT issues!
I am noticing a real upswing in sales of and demand for East Oakland Park homes in particular!
Central North Andrews Garden & Lyons Park
I love North Andrews Gardens – simply for its absolute affordability – especially in “Central” North Andrews.
While the median price for North Andrews is above $350,000 in “Central” North Andrews and Lyons Park you can still buy a good home for a great price!
North Andrews Gardens and Lyons Park are often overlooked by Gay Realtors – to me they are like undiscovered jewels!
Prices are however on the rise as more and more gay buyers look to and purchase in these great gay friendly neighborhoods!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post on gay friendly neighborhoods Fort Lauderdale – by Kevin Wirth – Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtors