Looking at gay Friendly Neighborhoods Fort Lauderdale?
Poinsettia Heights is an increasingly popular neighborhood with both Gay and LGBT home and condo / town home buyers.
Currently in Poinsettia Heights there are:
- No condos / town homes for sale In our last post there were 9 condos / town homes for sale with a median list price of $495,000 for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom town home unit.Condo prices started from $85,000 to $615,000
- 23 single family homes for sale – median list price $449,000 for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home
Home Prices start from $239,900 – $959,000
Poinsettia Heights with its great proximity to Wilton Drive, Federal Highway, the Beaches, Las Olas and down town is proving to be a magnet for many Gay and LGBT home / town home buyers.
I am seeing more and more Gay home buyers purchasing and improving homes – by rennovating and adding pools, and while condos and townhomes for sale are few – many Gay and LGBT buyers are purchasing them due to their location and their amenities / waterfront location.
I am increasingly seeing more and more Gay Fort Lauderdale Realtors, Real Estate Agents as well as the “media” overall now actively featuring and promoting this neighborhood to Gay and LGBT buyers!
Home and condo prices are reflecting the fact that Poinsettia Heights is now considered one of “the gay” neighborhoods here in Fort Lauderdale Florida.
A few years ago this neighborhood was very much “a mixed bag” – but today with more and more Gay and LGBT buyers having purchased homes and condos/town homes this neighborhood is really transforming.
There are truly some great buys to be had all levels from great waterfront condos/townhomes to luxury homes, waterfront homes to fixer uppers – this popular Fort Lauderdale gay friendly neighborhood offers a great range of choices.
Condos / Town Homes
Currently on the MLS there are no condos / town homes for sale here in the Poinsettia Heights – down from 9 condos / town homes for sale as per our earlier post for August / September
Home Pricing Guide
Here is our pricing guide for Poinsettia Heights 2, 3 and 4 bedrooms homes for sale.
|2 / 1||1,420||$314,900||$257|
|3 / 2||1,704||$422,500||$236|
|4 / 3||2,240||$637,000||$253|
We can see from this report that the median price for:
- 2 bedroom homes here in Poinsettia Heights is $314,900 – this being for a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom home of 1420 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $257.00
- 3 bedroom homes here in Poinsettia Heights is $422,500 – this being for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home of 1704 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $236.00
- 4 bedroom homes here in Poinsettia Heights is $637,000 – this being for a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom home of 2240 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $253.00
Important to note is that around 70% of homes for sale in this popular gay friendly Fort Lauderdale neighborhood are 3 bedroom homes!
Homes for Sale
There are currently 23 single family homes for sale here in Poinsettia Heights – down from 28 units as per our last post!
This market analysis report for these homes is presented below.
|High||4 / 4||3,275||$959,000|
|Low||2 / 1||854||$239,900|
|Avg||3 / 2||1,876||$495,830|
|Med||3 / 2||1,810||$449,000|
We can see from this report that the average list price for a single family home in Poinsettia Heights is $495,830 – and that the median list price is $449,000
It is important to note that median home prices here in Poinsettia Heights are up over $70,000 or 18% since our post for May / June 2015!
- In our post for August / September 2015 the average list price for a single family home in Poinsettia Heights was $418,750 – and that the median list price was $362,500
- In our post for June / August 2015 the average list price for a single family home in Poinsettia Heights was $401,592 – and that the median list price is $352,000
- In our post for May / June 2015 the average list price for a single family home in Poinsettia Heights was $414,088 – and that the median list price is $378,450.
In this and our last 3 reports both the average and median prices are based on 3 bedroom 2 bathroom homes.
The most expensive home for sale is a home offered for sale at $959,000 and the least expensive is offered for sale at $239,900.
Home Pricing / Inventory
The price analysis report shown below gives us a more insightful overview of the market for homes here in Poinsettia Heights and shows us clearly the range of options – based on price and inventory.
The price analysis report for homes for sale in this gay friendly neighborhood is presented below.
|$200,000 – $249,999||1|
|$250,000 – $299,999||4|
|$300,000 – $349,999||3|
|$350,000 – $399,999||1|
|$400,000 – $449,999||3|
|$450,000 – $499,999||4|
|$500,000 – $549,999||1|
|$550,000 – $599,999||0|
|$600,000 – $699,999||1|
|$700,000 – $799,999||2|
|$800,000 – $899,999||2|
|$900,000 – $999,999||1|
The price analysis report is very useful as its shows us the breakdown of inventory of homes for sale by price points.
We can see from this report that the inventory of homes for sale is spread across nearly all price points
Important to note however is that there is not a price range that has a really high or dominant level of inventory.
This often means that buyers working to a budgets are faced with limited choices of homes for sale.
Also important to note is that this gay friendly neighborhood – has some improved areas as well as some up and coming areas!
As a Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtor with over 20 years real estate experience, I would be happy to show you around the different areas of Poinsettia Heights o and to show you areas that are popular with Gay and LGBT buyers as well as those that are “up and coming”.
I hope you have enjoyed this post of gay friendly Poinsettia Heights
Kevin Wirth – Realtor