Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtors
Guide North Beach
Welcome to my Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtors Guide to popular gay friendly neighborhoods and North Beach.
North Beach is a great community set between the Intracoastal and the Beach here in Ft Lauderdale – this neighborhood is home to Sebastian Beach our gay beach!
Currently in North Beach there are:
- 123 condos for sale – median sales price is $530,000 for a
1 bedroom 2 bathroom unit
- Prices from condos start from $135,900 to $3 Million plus
- There are no single family homes for sale.
The North Beach community is 99% condominiums – and as many Fort Lauderdale Realtors / Real Estate Agents will attest – the area is enjoying huge development / redevelopment and is a neighborhood that is very popular with both the Gay and Straight Community.
With all the development and new construction many Real Estate Agents think this area will in time will end up rivaling South Beach in Miami – just in a smaller more boutique sort of way!
North Beach with its strong base of gay hotels and accommodation combined with the gay Beach Sebastian Beach just blocks away – will also help ensure this neighborhood remains popular with the gay and LGBT community.
North Beach (which for our purposes runs from Vistamar
down to Seville Street) is a part of Central Beach which in turn is part of Ft Lauderdale Beach
You can see the Central Beach neighborhood in the map above.
Central Beach overall has many luxury condominiums – in fact some on the most expensive real estate for sale here in Ft Lauderdale is right here in Central Beach.
However North Beach – has its own distinctive “vibe” – with a lot of mid-century buildings mixed in with modern and new construction condominiums and Hotel / Condos.
North Beach is truly is a great neighborhood!
North Beach Condos
There are currently 123 condos for sale here in North Beach – down slightly from our last report for Sept / Oct 2015 when there were 140 condos for sale.
The market analysis report for these North Beach condos is presented below.
|High||4 / 5||4,707||$3,090,500|
|Low||0 / 1||470||$135,900|
|Avg||2 / 2||1,337||$745,539|
|Med||1 / 2||1,100||$530,000|
We can see from this report that the average price for unit here in North Beach is $745,539 and the median price is $530,000 – this being for a 1 bedroom 2 bathroom unit!
In our last post for September / October 2015 the average price for unit in North Beach was $942,325 and the median price was $637,950 – this being for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit.
Note that while the median price has dropped this month – the median unit is a smaller 1 bedroom unit vs a 2 bedroom unit as in our last post!
North Beach is very popular with Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtors – this “prime” downtown beach location combined with the affordability factor that attracts many Gay / LGBT buyers to this great Gay friendly neighborhood here in Fort Lauderdale.
North Beach Condos
Our pricing guide for North Beach condos is presented below.
This guide shows us the number of units for sale across different price ranges.
We can see from this price guide how the inventory of condos currently for sale is spread
|$149,999 or under||2|
|$150,000 – $199,999||2|
|$200,000 – $249,999||6|
|$250,000 – $299,999||16|
|$300,000 – $349,999||21|
|$350,000 – $399,999||5|
|$400,000 – $449,999||2|
|$450,000 – $499,999||5|
|$500,000 – $549,999||9|
|$550,000 – $599,999||4|
|$600,000 – $699,999||6|
|$700,000 – $799,999||7|
|$800,000 – $899,999||2|
|$900,000 – $999,999||2|
|$1,000,000 or over||34|
It is important to see that there are 47 units currently for sale priced at under $350,000 –which is up from less than 34 units late in 2014!
Again it is this absolute affordability factor combined with a great gay friendly location that appeals to many buyers of condos in this neighborhood!
Prices by Bedroom
Here is the market analysis report for prices of condos here in North Beach by bedroom
|0 / 1||533||$307,000||$616|
|1 / 1||807||$345,000||$514|
|2 / 2||1,320||$789,400||$470|
|3 / 3||2,630||$1,499,000||$561|
We can see from this report the median prices based on all units currently for sale.
- Studios Units with a median price of $307,000 – this being for a 533 square foot unit with a list price to square foot price of $616.00 – In earlier January post the median for a Studio was $265,000 – this being for a 560 square foot unit with a list price to square foot price of $492.00
- 1 Bedroom units with a median price of $345,000 – this being for a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom unit of 807 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $514.00
- 2 Bedroom units with a median price of $789,400 – this being for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit of 1320 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $470.00 – In our January post the median price for a 2 bedroom was $625,000 – this being for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit of 1495 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $469.00
- 3 Bedroom units units with a median price of $1,499,000 – this being for a luxury 3 bedroom 3 bathroom unit of 2630 square feet with a list price to square foot price of $561.00
Again it is important to note that these prices particularly for Studio units and 1 Bedroom condos are very affordable with median prices from just $305,000 to $345,000 respectively
Most Ft Lauderdale Real Estate Agents and Realtors agree that with all the new construction underway – that this is one popular gay neighborhood that is really booming!
I hope you have enjoyed this post on the Gay Friendly Neighborhood of North Beach – by Kevin Wirth, Fort Lauderdale Gay Realtors